Come celebrate spring with a Danish Påske / Easter gathering on Saturday, March 24, at 5:30 p.m. at the Hall of Nations in Balboa Park.
This year we are planning a typical Danish Påskebord / Easter buffet. We will also make various traditional gækkebreve and Påskeklip / Easter crafts.
Participation is $10- for adults and $5 for children.
RSVP by Tuesday March 20, 2018
• Sild med karrysalat / Herring with curry salad
• Æg med rejer / Egg with shrimp
• Røget laks / Smoked salmon
• Skinke med italiensk salat / Ham with carrot/green pea topping
• Varm Leverpostej med bacon / Warm liver pate with bacon
• Frikadeller med kartoffelsalad/ Danish meatballs with potato salad
• Ostebord / Cheese platter
• Rugbrød og franskbrød / Rye bread and French bread
Dessert / dessert:
• Citronfromage / Lemon suffle
• Hjemmebagt Kringle / Homemade Kringle
• Sodavand, oel og vin / Soda, beer, and wine ( + snaps for the herring).
The House of Denmark will arrange the cooking ourselves. We hope that some of you will be willing to help us make items that still have not been assigned (see below). Please email or call me at 858-254-6295 to coordinate. The House of Denmark will reimburse you for the cost. If there is something else that you would like to bring instead, please let us know so we can coordinate the buffet table accordingly.
We still need:
• Curry salad for the herring.
• Smoked salmon platter
• Potato Salad
• Cucumber Salad
• Various cheeses and crackers for the cheese platter.